CAREERS: Residential Building Estimator
HBXL Professional Services
Role: Residential Building Estimator
Reports to: Estimating Operations Manager
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Basis: Permanent, full time, immediate start
HBXL Professional Services Ltd are an HBXL Group company, the team behind market leading software and services for the construction industry.
HBXL Professional Services provides estimating services for small to medium sized building contractors across the UK. In addition to serving the building community we also provide our service through a network of prestigious self-build partners such as Build It magazine and Cost my Self Build. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, reliability and independent preparation of building cost estimates to ensure our client’s projects are successful.
We are looking for an Estimator with experience of residential construction and small works commercial construction. You’ll work on a range of projects – home extensions, new builds and conversions.
Note this is a home based role so you can be anywhere in the UK. This is a full time, permanent role but we’re open to a flexible approach on working hours. Immediate start available.
The Role and Responsibilities
• Generate accurate and realistic costed estimates of building plans using HBXL’s own EstimatorXpress software (initially under the supervision of an Estimating Operations Manager but then independently)
• Take off detailed information from construction drawings, specification, bills of quantities and schedule of works.
• Liaise with other staff involved in the estimating team.
• Work to agreed timetables and within the company’s process for estimating.
• Maintain records and historical data as reference for budget preparation, and checking future estimates.
Essential Skills and Background
• Critically come from a residential building background either as company owner / estimator / building surveyor
• Have experience in estimating residential construction works and be able to read building plans
• Ideally have previous experience of Estimating & Take-off software, especially HBXL’s own EstimatorXpress
• Not essential but you might be qualified to either HNC/HND or degree level with a relevant industry sector qualification
• Have excellent IT/PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
• Have a good telephone manner and the ability to maintain relationships with clients
• Meet deadlines without the need for prompting and use a common sense approach
• Be cost conscious and demonstrate good commercial awareness
• Be energetic, efficient, flexible and a good team worker
• 40 hours per week
• Typical hours 9am-5.30pm with 30 mins for lunch but some flexibility as to working hours*
• Some overtime required to meet deadlines
*We are open to new ways of working in order to attract and retain talented people. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are open to discuss flexible requirements or needs that you may have for this role.
• 20 days statutory leave + Bank holidays
Working from home so you can be anywhere in the UK!
APPLY NOW: Please email Joanna Mulgrew firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV asap (by 30/6/21). Interviews will be by Zoom.
CAREERS: Dev Ops / QA Engineer
Location: Bristol, Bristol
Indicative Salary: £40,000 – £60,000